It is unfortunate that people think Prop 3 is about women’s rights. While it does allow completely unlimited abortion of any kind, the state slipped a poison pill in the bill. The text is nearly impossible to decipher for a non-lawyer but once done, no matter your position on abortion itself, the entire thing becomes purely evil.
The following text would be added to the state constitution. It sounds flowery and free but look at the part I’ve bolded.
Article 1, Section 28 Right to Reproductive Freedom
(1) Every individual has a fundamental right to reproductive freedom, which entails the right to make and effectuate decisions about all matters relating to pregnancy, including but not limited to prenatal care, childbirth, postpartum care, contraception, sterilization, abortion care, miscarriage management, and infertility care. An individual’s right to reproductive freedom shall not be denied, burdened, nor infringed upon unless justified by a compelling state interest achieved by the least restrictive means. Notwithstanding the above, the state may regulate the provision of abortion care after fetal viability, provided that in no circumstance shall the state prohibit an abortion that, in the professional judgment of an attending health care professional, is medically indicated to protect the life or physical or mental health of the pregnant individual.
(2) The state shall not discriminate in the protection or enforcement of this fundamental right.
(3) The state shall not penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against an individual based on their actual, potential, perceived, or alleged pregnancy outcomes, including but not limited to miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, nor shall the state penalize, prosecute, or otherwise take adverse action against someone for aiding or assisting a pregnant individual in exercising their right to reproductive freedom with their voluntary consent.
(4) For the purposes of this section:
• A state interest is “compelling” only if it is for the limited purpose of protecting the health of an individual seeking care, consistent with accepted clinical standards of practice and evidence-based medicine, and does not infringe on that individual’s autonomous decision-making.
• “Fetal viability” means: the point in pregnancy when, in the professional judgment of an attending health care professional and based on the particular facts of the case, there is a significant likelihood of the fetus’s sustained survival outside the uterus without the application of extraordinary medical measures.
(5) This section shall be self-executing. Any provision of this section held invalid shall be severable from the remaining portions of this section.
Only state interests can affect when these things are allowed to occur. — “unless justified by a compelling state interest“
So say you are a parent with your own children in leftist school. Say that teacher is a “progressive” fascist and believes your 15 yo daughter wants to be a boy. They can evaluate your child for you, without notification or concern and take care of the problem. You are not on the list of reasons that your CHILD may have an abortion OR A STERILIZATION. Only the state has interest in your own family. You have NO right to notification and you have NO recourse after the deed is done. You additioinally have no legal recourse against the “progressive” fascist who destroyed your daughters life.
Progressive fascism is unbearable these days. It has nothing to do with freedom whatsoever.