Posted by Jeff Id on December 11, 2010
Ya can’t stop stupid.
Some bullet points on the Cancun agreement:
– Following the lead of the United States, Canada has pledged to reduce its emissions by 17 per cent from 2005 levels by 2020.
Short of massive economic collapse or starting wide spread nuclear power plant construction ten years ago, this is obviously a stupidly impossible goal.
– Ottawa has introduced new emission standards for automobiles and is moving on ships, airplanes and heavy trucks; it has also promised to pass regulations that will force the power sector to end its reliance on high-emitting coal over the next two decades.
Sweet, a tweak in regulation which will FORCE people to make electricity directly from unobtainium. Good move Canada.
– Backed by Canada, the Americans also demanded that China, India, Brazil and other major developing countries agree to have their plans to reduce the rate of emissions growth monitored and verified by the international community. The developing countries have agreed to a review process, though one that is not as rigorous as the regime for developed countries.
Yup, of all the nations, developing ones are the most trustworthy. Genius or Genious as TCO says.
– Alden Meyer, of the U.S.-based Union of Concerned Scientists, said the international deal could bolster President Barack Obama’s plan to have the Environmental Protection Agency impose greenhouse gas emission regulations on industry, a policy Canada has vowed to follow.
Well we might as well chuck the whole continent to the wind if the US is doing it.
– Under the deal, developed countries agreed to set up a “Green Climate Fund” that would manage most of the $100-billion (U.S.) per year promised to poor countries by 2020. It would be initially managed by the World Bank.
Bingo, there’s the point. I don’t think they used US as an example here either, it ain’t hard to guess where most of the hundred billion will be stolen from. US taxpayers. Good thing we’re using it for credible goals like giving it to communist countries that repress their people and economies.
– The deal also sets up technology-transfer programs to help poorer countries adopt renewable energy technologies, and finance projects to reduce deforestation and encourage tree planting.
I can’t even imagine how they expect expensive energy production to help the poor but the machinations of the leftist mind are way beyond my comprehension.
– Countries also committed to limiting the increase in the global average temperature to 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels and pledged that they would consider strengthening the long-term goal to limit the increase to 1.5 degrees, something demanded by small islands states who fear the 2-degree target would leave their countries literally under water as a result of rising sea levels.
Sweet, they are going to control the Earths temperature by stealing my money and giving it to people who don’t produce the pollution they are complaining about. And the press cheers it as a breakthrough.
Where is the common sense anymore? It doesn’t make sense to steal money from semi-successful countries which produce the emissions and give it to repressive, and blatantly evil governments which don’t have the wherewithal to produce the emissions. Unless, that isn’t really the goal. When we see natural variance in the last 150 years of over 1 C, what sense does it make for a leftist global government to commit to stopping the world from changing by 2C?
Stupid is as stupid does, but what a joke when the entire press corp is hailing this as a good breakthrough around the world. A globe of monkeys trying to lie, cheat and steal just get each others bananas.